Tap into the timeless bliss of your creative expression through this exploration of rhythm, sound, movement, and ritual.
Date: April 13, 2019
Time: 10am – 6pm
Venue: Casa Micanopy
22259 NW 75th Avenue Rd, Micanopy, FL 32667
Workshop tuition: $111
Pre-registration required. Space is limited.
The frame drum is a powerful trance-inducing instrument played for thousands of years by priestesses and women worldwide. A celebration of the feminine force, drumming is a devotional practice and ancient technology for directly attuning the bodymind connection and generating psychosomatic healing.
In this intensive, we will dive into:
- Frame drum technique and classical middle eastern rhythms
- Embodiment practices
- Free-form ecstatic movement
- Opening the poetics of the voice
- Sacred Ritual and Ceremony
This unique mind-body-spirit enhancing workshop ignites life-force energy and awakens creative expression in an activated temple space. Come explore the primordial pulse of Creation!
10am-1pm Morning Session
1-2:30pm Lunch Break
2:30-6pm Afternoon Session
Additional notes about this workshop:
- This class is specifically designed for those who identify as women.
- Please bring a frame drum. Limited frame drums may be available for use. Affordable beginners drums can be purchased HERE.
- Please wear comfortable clothing suitable for movement in neutral, solid colors– white, tan, and brown are encouraged and, please, no black.
- Please bring a closed bottle for water.
- Please feel free to bring items you would like to activate at the altar.
- We will burn sacred herbs to clear the space. Please be aware of this if you are sensitive to smoke/smells and be prepared to care for yourself without disrupting the group.
- Please rest well the night before intensive: it’s important that you arrive feeling fresh, with a clean body, mind and heart.
- Tea and snacks will be provided.
- Lunch will be on your own. Several lovely restaurants are located near the venue.
About your teacher:
Dominique Warfield is a storyteller, drummer, performance artist, social visionary, and global facilitator of the healing arts. As a Licensed Massage Therapist, Expressive Healing Artist, Certified Yoga Instructor and movement facilitator, Dominique co-teaches workshops, intensives, and retreats around the world.
Dominique is also the founder of Devoted Ceremony, a movement that nurtures cross-cultural exchange for personal and collective transformation. She activates environments through her spirited presence and holds healing space for deep inner awakening.
For more about Dominique Warfield and her work, visit: dominiquewarfield.com
ABOUT THE LOCATION:
Casa Micanopy is a beautiful retreat center located on six acres of lush, private land just outside of the bustling town of Gainesville, FL. The property includes a Zen-inspired studio overlooking a pond and garden, 3 dormitory-style bedrooms, two bathrooms with showers, a full chef’s kitchen, nature trails, and a gorgeous swimming pool and hot tub. casamicanopy.com